Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
Minoan is a dk-weight shawl knit in an easy slip stitch color pattern. It is worked from the top down, starting with a garter stitch tab. After working most of the shawl in a solid color, there is a chart for the multicolored section. Slip stitch patterning is the easiest color work you can do because you only use one color per row. The shawl is completed with a unique garter stitch bind off. The pattern fully explains all the techniques used. Minoan available in two sizes and is a quick knit that yields great results. *We recommend our Classic Merino Superwash DK yarn.
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Materials: Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash DK yarn; to be made as shown you will need 1-2 skein of the MC (S-215; L-320 yards) and about 50 yards of the CC1 and CC2.
- Finished Dimensions: (two sizes) S - 56" x 17.5"; L - 61" x 21"
- Yarn Requirements: Total yardage required approx. 315-420 yards
- Gauge: 16 stitches = 4” in stockinette, washed and blocked
- Needles: 40" size 8 US circular or size needed to achieve gauge
Designed by Nancy Whitman of Whitknits.com
Used by permission from Nancy Whitman
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good