Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
These extra-long fingerless mitts are excellent for layering to keep out the drafts that can find their way up your sleeves. They are also prefect for wearing indoors in chilly weather instead of a long sleeve shirt; this keeps your hands and wrists warm without the need for heavy garments. We have provided instructions for either Fingering weight or Sport weight yarn. Each pair uses about 55-60g of yarn, so it is a great use for a single skein of special hand dyed yarn or leftovers from other projects.
- Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn or
- Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash Sport yarn
- Overall length 12”
- Upper arm cuff circumference 8”
- Wrist and hand circumference 6.5”
- Upper arm cuff to wrist length 7.5”
- Designed to be worn with a slight negative ease for a snug fit.
- Fingering Weight Version – 8 stitches x 12 rows = 1 inch in stockinette stitch
- Sport Weight Version – 7 stitches x 10.5 inches – 1 inch in stockinette stitch
- Fingering Weight Version - Size US 1 (2.25 mm) double pointed needles or whatever needles you prefer to use for working small circumferences, such as magic loop, 2 circular needles, etc.
- Sport Weight Version - Size US 1.5 (2.5 mm) double pointed needles or whatever needles you prefer to use for working small circumferences, such as magic loop, 2 circular needles, etc.
Knitting pattern designed by Catherine Harrison of Knitting Notions.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good