Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
Inspired by a woven hat, Bocce’s design reinterprets the weaving pattern with slip stitches for the warp threads and stripes for the weft threads. Starting with a garter stitch tab, two-row stripes are broken up by blocks of three slipped stitches. Six stitches are added on every right side row causing the shawl to grow more quickly in width than in depth. You have a choice of two border options - plain or with points. Bocce can be knit with as many as ten contrast colors or as few as one, making it great for stash busting. It is equally effective with a color changing yarn with long color repeats like Noro Kureyon Sock or Silk Garden Sock. You have lots of options to customize Bocce and make it uniquely your own. *We recommend our Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn.
Bocce is an easy pattern using only one color in a row. If you can cast on, bind off and pick up stitches, this is a good pattern for you. All other techniques are clearly explained.
- Skill Level: Easy to Advanced Beginner
- Materials: Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn; Knitting Notions Classic Merino Bamboo; to be made as shown you will need approx. 370 yards of MC and approx. 75 yards each of CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, CC5
- Finished Dimensions: Shawl 64.5" x 28"
- Yarn Requirements: Total yardage required approx. 750 yards
- Gauge: 24 stitches = 4” in stockinette, washed and blocked
- Needles: 24" or 32" size 6 US circular or size needed to achieve gauge
Designed by Nancy Whitman of Whitknits.com
Used by permission from Nancy Whitman
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good