Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
Ruxton is a super textured, warm and snuggly top-down triangular lace shawl with motifs inspired by nature. The decrease placement in the richly textured border pattern and the picot bind off combine to form a subtle ruffling effect at the bottom, giving the shawl a lovely drape. The shape is a slightly elongated triangle, and may be blocked with the top edge straight or a bit curved.
Ruxton works up really quickly. Both the body and border patterns are very intuitive and easy to memorize. Before you know it, you’ll have a Ruxton to call your very own!
Instructions are provided for two sizes: a 64” x 30” shawl worked in sport weight, and a 56” x 26” smaller shawl worked in fingering weight. The gold shawl pictured is worked in sport weight and the rusty brown shawl pictured is worked in sock/fingering weight. The texture is still very evident in the fingering weight, but I would not recommend lace weight since the cool texture of the border will not show to its best advantage. I used the US 6 needles for the sport weight and the US 5s for the fingering version.
The size is very easy to customize either by using different yarn, changing the number of pattern repeats, or both. Full instructions are provided to show you how, including how to calculate stitch counts for any size and how changing the number of chart repeats will affect the final size.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Materials: 2 skeins of Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash Sport yarn; Knitting Notions Classic Merino Sport yarn; Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn;
- Finished Dimensions: Sport weight version 64" x 30"; Fingering weight version 56" x 26"
- Yarn Requirements: 630-680 yards sport weight yarn or 550-600 yards of fingering weight yarn
- Gauge: Sport weight - 18 stitches = 4” or Fingering weight - 20 stitches = 4" in stockinette, washed and blocked
- Needles: 24" or 32" size 5-6 US circular or size needed to achieve gauge
Designed by Dee O'Keefe of Designs by Dee.
Used by permission from Dee O'Keefe
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good