Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
Tristano is a bottom-up, triangular lace shawl with a fancy faux cable spine and subtly textured stitch patterns. The shawl begins with an open mesh followed by a stunning swirled border. The body consists of delicate leaves that due to the decrease placement appear to be in free fall.
Instructions are provided for two sizes: a 59” x 27” shawl worked in fingering weight and a 64” x 30” shawl worked in sport weight. The sport weight version worked at the pattern size used between 580-630 yards.
The light gray shawl pictured is worked in sock/fingering weight and the orange shawl pictured is worked in sport weight. I used US 5s (US 8s for the cast on) for the fingering version and US 6 (US 9s for the cast on) needles for the sport weight version.
While dimensions and yardage are provided for both sport and fingering weight yarn, Tristano is designed so that it can be worked in just about any yarn weight. The size is very easy to customize either by using different yarn, changing the number of pattern repeats of the body leaf pattern, or both. Full instructions are provided, including how to calculate stitch counts for any size.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Materials: 2 skeins of Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash Sport yarn; Knitting Notions Classic Merino Sport yarn; Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn; Classic Merino Bamboo yarn
- Finished Dimensions: Sport weight version 64" x 30"; Fingering weight version 59" x 27"
- Yarn Requirements: 580-630 yards sport or fingering weight yarn
- Gauge: 18 stitches = 4” in stockinette, washed and blocked
- Needles: 24" or 32" size 5-6 US circular or size needed to achieve gauge
Designed by Dee O'Keefe of Designs by Dee.
Used by permission from Dee O'Keefe
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good