Knitting Notions is a family owned and operated business. We opened in 2005 with our first product, our handmade Yarn Swifts, and have added to our product line as our business grew. We now produce a large line of handmade wood and leather products as well as hand dyed merino wool yarns. 99% of the products that we sell are made by us or another American small business.
Eden Prairie Shawl
Inspired by a piece of Prairie-style stained glass, Eden Prairie is my interpretation of that style in a knitted fabric. The shawl is worked from the top down, but the construction method is unique. Starting with two separate triangles that are joined by a diamond, Eden Prairie grows by alternately working stripes on one side and then the other. A simple 10-row intarsia border heightens the stained glass effect. Constructed entirely in garter stitch, not a purl in sight, Eden Prairie is wonderfully squishy! *We recommend our Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn.
- Skill Level: Easy to Advanced Beginner
- Materials: Knitting Notions Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn; Knitting Notions Classic Merino Bamboo; to be made as shown you will need 1 skeins each or the two MC's (365 yards each color) and 175 yards of the BC and 105 yards of the CC.
- Finished Dimensions: Shawl 60" x 26"
- Yarn Requirements: Total yardage required approx. 1010 yards
- Gauge: 22 stitches = 4” in garter, washed and blocked
- Needles: Two 40" size 5 US circular or size needed to achieve gauge plus an additional US 5 circular or straight needles
Designed by Nancy Whitman of Whitknits.com
Used by permission from Nancy Whitman
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good